Our patients' visitors are welcome guests. In compliance with CDC guidance, visitors at Bluegrass Community Hospital will have the option to mask. A mask will be provided upon request.
The companionship of loved ones can aid in a speedy recovery, however, rest and therapy are important too. For that reason we encourage friends and loved ones to limit their visits to short periods within our visiting hours.
Visiting hours and rules vary for each department due to the specific needs of their patients. Please see the guidelines below for each department when planning your visit.
- Visitors under the age of 14 must be cleared by the nursing unit. Children will not be left unattended within the hospital.
- The front hospital entrance will be locked at 7:00 p.m. The only accessible entrance after 7:00 p.m. will be through the Emergency Department doors.
Med/Surg Unit and Swing Bed Unit Visitors
- Regular visiting hours are 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Visitors should check with the nursing staff before entering closed doors and during treatments
- Visiting hours may be limited during high activity with a 10 minute limitation and number in room at a time
- Special arrangements may be made based on needs of the patient and plan of care needs
- Patient is asked if they want someone with them during triage. One person may be allowed in the triage room if the patient requests it.
- Both parents will be allowed for children
- Mentally impaired patients will always be allowed an adult present during triage.
In the Exam Room:
- One or two persons other than the patient is appropriate unless size of the room or treatment of the patient prohibits it
- Both parents may with a child in the Emergency Room treatment area unless the Nurse or Physician may ask family member to leave treatment room for specific examination of patient by Physician or Nurse
- During the Pre-op phase, family members and guests will be asked to wait either in the patient room or visitor waiting room, taking into consideration the patient's wishes and right to privacy. The visitor policy will be addressed on the day of the Pre-op visit to the patient.
- Visitors are allowed in the PACU at the discretion of the PACU nurse.
- The family will be instructed pre-operatively, that the normal length of stay in PACU is 1-1-½ hours. The family will be kept informed of patient's arrival to PACU and condition. If a patient is kept in the PACU for an unusual amount of time the PACU Nurse is responsible for notifying them when the patient is ready either for discharge, or transfer to another room.
- Visitors may be asked to remain in the waiting room at certain times of care.
The cafeteria is located on the first floor of the hospital.. It is open for lunch from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
The vending area is located near the Cafeteria. It is open 24/7 for guests.