Visitor Restrictions, Limited Entry Points and On-Site Screening Process
At Bluegrass Community Hospital, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As we have seen a recent increase in COVID-19 cases, our current visitor policies have been updated as follows:
- Inpatients are allowed one (1) WELL visitor between the hours of 8 am - 8 pm. No overnights.
- ER patients are not allowed visitors at this time.
- Surgery patients are limited to one (1) WELL visitor in the hospital for the duration of the surgery.
- Outpatients are not permitted to have visitors unless you require assistance navigating or moving around the facility.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older and will be required to wear a mask and armband at all times while in the facility.
- The following exceptions include:
- Pediatric patients may have two (2) WELL parents or guardians during their hospital stay.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have up to two (2) WELL visitors for the length of time cleared by the attending physician.
- Patients with altered mental status, cognitive impairment, developmental delays or disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care, may have one (1) WELL visitor.
- Additional exception requests will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the administrator on-call.
Although there are visitor restrictions at our facility, we encourage you to stay in touch with your loved ones! Please consider using alternative methods of communication including phone calls, texts and video chats. We offer free guest Wi-Fi for our patients.
Signage is being posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.
To prevent the spread of illness, visitors who are cleared are expected to do the following:
- Must remain in the patient’s room at all times.
- Must immediately leave the hospital once leaving the patient’s room. Visitors should not wander through hallways or spend time in common areas of the hospital, including lobbies, waiting areas, and vending areas.
- Limit the number of personal items brought into the hospital.
- Must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer EVERY time entering and exiting a patient room.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.