MRI is the use of magnetic waves to make pictures of the inside of the body. Using a large magnet, radio waves, and a computer, an MRI produces two-dimensional and three-dimensional pictures.
- Testing available Monday and Thursday
- Appointments are made through the Radiology department.
- A written physician's order is required at time of service.
- Patients are required to register prior to service
Special Testing Requirements:
- Weight limit of 300 lbs., and a girth size of 42 cms. or less.
- Call Radiology if patient has any metallic implanted devices, or if you question an implanted device.
- Physician should write for pre-medications (such as Valium for diagnosed claustrophobia) for patient to take just prior to examination. (These would be filled at patient's personal pharmacy)